time

derrick katungi

yeah this seems easy enough - this will just be a normal text field which you can use jquery and masked input to create the rule of [0-9]:[0-9] which is cool and if i was you for the database type i would set it as a varchar this would except numbers and characters too.. hope this helpsss :confused:

Yeah, it appears to be just normal form field processing.

You can use the whole mask thing, but I find it annoying when the page dictates what can be entered via javascript. I would just make it so you can accept any time format and then make it the format you want.

if i was you for the database type i would set it as a varchar this would except numbers and characters too.

I disagree with this. At first it makes it easy as the rules are not so tight as to how it is formatted... but if you need to do any kind of query past SELECT this FROM that you may have trouble.

When I started, I would store dates and times in a varchar field and it made it easy, until I needed to select dates and times between 2 points, or dates where it falls on a particular day..

Store dates and time as the proper format, it will become easier as time goes.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.