Checkbox form selects from MySQL table column with datatype EM

lostinfourth

have a database with a column of datatype EM (multiple selection, say apples, oranges, grapes)

I want to have a form with checkboxes for those values (apples, oranges, grapes etc) so one can select a breakfast basket type that contains for example, oranges and grapes.

It would pull from the database those baskets with those selection of fruits (specified in the column 'Fruits', which is a EM datatype column. (I have a multiple selection when entering the values for the column.)

Can it be done? Should I make another table with FruitNames?

Hi, thanks for your reply.

When I enter a row in my database, one of the columns is called "FruitsinBasket" -- I have different types of baskets and I select the fruits in that particular basket. The column is a datatype EM, so I can select multiple fruits for each basket.

I'd like the customer to be able to search for those baskets containing certain fruits, from a page with a list of available fruits (checkboxes) and return a list of the baskets that match their selection of fruits.

Is this possible? Or should I have one column for each fruit or a different table entirely for the fruits?

Thanks, I'm very new to all this.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.