PHP and SOAP

themistral

Hi guys,

I have been tasked with a SOAP project at work.

Basically we have a database on our own internal server that holds information on our customers. This database is managed by an external company and we are able to use predefined SOAP calls that will do certain things for us.

We then have a website that the general public access to update their information.

I am having trouble understanding how to connect the 2 systems.

The website is built in PHP.

I am really looking for a proper beginners guide on how to integrate the 2.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

The 2 systems are separate.

We have a website sitting on a Linux server running php/mysql out in the big wide web.

The database in on an internal Windows server runnning a SQL database. We have the connection details for this to enable a connection from an external source.

Currently the internal system is all self-contained with a front end having been built for user access.

The internal system has built in SOAP calls ready for use.

I have no idea how I integrate this with a PHP script that updates the website database.

What handles the SOAP request on the internal Windows server? If you can talk to that from your external Linux box, then you can just fire the same SOAP requests from PHP. There's an extension available, but you may need to install it before you can use it -- check the comments on RedHat/CentOS, which you're quite possibly using.

• 3 weeks later...

The internal server has been setup and I have been given a list of SOAP calls with what is required and returned.

Essentially, I don't need to know anything about that side of things.

What I need to understand is how to use a SOAP call within the PHP website.

I understand the concept of SOAP in that it is essentially an translating interface between 2 separate systems.

I understand all the SOAP calls I've been given, but I don't understand how the hell PHP can use it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.