User system for my website

devWhiz

Hi I was curious as to if you guys could possibly point me in the right direction so I can learn what is needed in order to implement a system on my website that allows users to login and then I could make only certain users have access to certain pages and etc, I don't have any mysql knowledge at all and I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to know that so if anyone could point me in the right direction and put me on on the right track to learning this or a guide I could go off of and see how everything works, I appreciate it.

Thanks!

CLUEL3SS

You just need to think about the steps involved and then implement them.

1) User registration - add new username & password to a database.

2) User authentication - check a username password combination against records in a database

3) User login - Persist data so as to identify a user across multiple requests.

No one likes to have to think too much these days it would seem.

Google- Flat File Membership or Flat File Login script

There is no reason that a good flat file membership login script cannot be implemented.  I have created a couple and they work very well.  I have seen many

on the net that I have examined and used bits and pieces to make a comprehensive or more secure membership / login script.  So, have a look around with the above google query and see what suites your needs.

While I agree that the "Cadillac" method would be MySQL- that is not the only method.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.