PHP works on test server but not production

cliftonbazaar

I have tested my code and got it working but when it was uploaded to my web host of godaddy.com it suddenly stops working on one page; it literally comes up a blank page, the page source is completely empty as well.

the code on the page is

<?PHP
session_start();
include("../functions/common.php");
$sqldb = open_database();  //Open the database
include("../functions/create_game.php");  #This is the actual game creation code
header('Location:'.$_SESSION['web_site'].'/home.php');  //Go back to the home page
?>

first thing I did was put error code reporting in

<?PHP
error_reporting( E_ERROR | E_WARNING | E_PARSE | E_COMPILE_ERROR );
ini_set ('display_errors', '1');

session_start();
include("../functions/create_game.php");  #This is the actual game creation code
header('Location:'.$_SESSION['web_site'].'/home.php');  //Go back to the home page
?>

The test server the code still worked fine but on the production server it gave me

Fatal error: Call to undefined function PHPerror_reporting() in /home/content/74/8039674/html/testcricketmanager.com/gameplay/challenge.php on line 1

Out of frustration I put

<BR>1
<?PHP
#error_reporting( E_ERROR | E_WARNING | E_PARSE | E_COMPILE_ERROR );
#ini_set ('display_errors', '1');
echo "<br>2";
/*	session_start();
header('Location:'.$_SESSION['web_site'].'/home.php');  //Go back to the home page*/
?>
<BR>3

and the output was

James

NOTE: All the code works fine on the test server (at home on a Linux box); production server (godaddy) the PHP code works on each page except this one :(

Have tested this more and the problem seems to be comments

<?php
session_start();
$sqldb = open_database();
include("../functions/create_game.php");
?>

works fine but

<?php
session_start();  
include("../functions/common.php");  #Get all the functions that we need
$sqldb = open_database();  #Open the database
include("../functions/create_game.php");  #Create the game, this is the most important file
?>

doesn't!!  :'(  I have been working on this for over an hour and it is only this one file (I have comments all over my files).

Wether I use the # character or // it doesn't work in this file :(

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.