Mailing List from Database Results

busby

Hi

I have been given a task to create some SQL reports.

One of the reports is to display all the customers who have purchased a certain product based on user selection and then have those results able to be extracted to a mailing list.

So ive got the report done. Some drop down boxes allow a user to select a product and once submitted the results are then displayed.

But i dont even know where to begin with extracting those results to a mailing list. Could someone help me please? What method should I use? and where do i begin? BTW im a rookie with PHP/Mysql ive just got my first job since leaving university and this is a task ive been given at work so any quick and helpful replies are greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance.

If you're looking to actually send mails out to these people, have a look at RMAIL, can be found and downloaded from Google fairly simply.

You simply set addresses subject etc as variables and then include their mail section which will send the mails from your server.

It will save you loads of time trying to write a similar app.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.