PHP Login System

barrycorrigan

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick question before I take on this project.

Basically the client has a secure server set up with folders for different clients. So they can store excel files, PDFs etc, What the client use to do was send the client an email with the http address of that clients particular folder to be able to login.

What my job is to create a login system that redirects each client to their particular area on the secure system.

Is this going to be difficult,

What I was thinking of doing was when the administator is setting up the client details there would be an extra field saying address: they paste the address of the folder on the server. Then it will redirect them to their folder.

Is this the correct way to do this.

Any help or advice would be great.

hmmm using MySQL? Add another column call it something like "redirect".

For each row set the redirect column to something like "http://website.com/client/area"

then in the login file after sessions have been set use meta to redirect the user to their client area (the url found in "redirect" column)

I would use header() redirect.

Also, I would only add the column for the redirect if every user has a different location they're going to.  Personally I would have them all go to the same location, just have it pull the necessary page based on who's logged in.  If you use MVC, you should easily understand what I mean.

Originally I was going to have every user going to the same place. But the system was built by another company in a totally different language. So I don't really want to touch a system that has been there for years.

So the idea of have a redirect by using the redirect column will work perfect thanks for the help everyone :-)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.