Shell execution in PHP

funstein

Hello, I am developing an account manager for our local network and I want people to be able to login to my website and change their UNIX & Mailbox password. These people have SSH access so that is why the UNIX passwd should also be changed.

So what I want to do is get the values $username, $currentpwd , $newpwd and $newpwdcnfrm from the HTML form and execute the following shell commands :

su -l $username

passwd

Enter current UNIX Passwd : $currentpwd

Enter new UNIX Passwd : $newpwd

Confirm UNIX Passwd : $newpwdcnfrm

The problem here is, passwd takes old and new passwords as input, not as command parameters. So I cant just do shell_exec("passwd $currentpwd $newpwd $newpwdcnfrm") ;

Do you guys know how to give input to the command?

Thx.

Btw : Please do not argue about the security issues. I am aware of everything and I am perfectly sure that the script will run securely.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.