setcookie issue, working on local server, not working on real server

jdock1

I just did a huge import from an app I have been working on. No issues except for this.

I uploaded & imported all files & databases from my wampserver (localhost, local server) to my main online server.

Before I continue with the problem, I have to give you info on how the files work.

I am using a "controller" to view the files. Meaning, from index.php, I call all the files. For example, instead of mysite.com/register.php, its mysite.com/index.php?page=register.

The index defines the doctype & html tags etc.

The other files that are called through index.php are just pure php code, it does not contain the head & body tags etc.

So, the issue is , when the surfer submits a form, i need to set a cookie. this cookie is VERY important.

I cannot get it to work. I am getting the header warnings after submit

Of course, this is to be expected. But I tried it on my local server, & it worked. I am not very familiar with cookies, this is a side of PHP i never really even touched. I know almost everything but that.  So the php code is before the html code on the page, so I figured it was worth a shot.

Im guessing the problem here is, since the code being outputted as index.php code + the form page code. So the cookie is being set after the html tags.

How can I fix this? I need it to work thru the controller. I cannot just make it a single file, all files on the site needs to be thru this controller, otherwise it will mess everything up.

Ino I could just add the code from index.php plus the form page code & just run the php code before all of the html tags, but like I said it has to be called thru index.php.

I appreciate your replies, & I hope you guys dont think im an idiot & can understand my question, im terrible with words!

To avoid the header error, you can use this code.

<? php
/*
 "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by "
  	To avoid the header error , give value zero to
	$mosConfig_locale_debug = 0;
	$mosConfig_locale_use_gettext = 0;
*/
ob_start();

To avoid the header error, you can use this code.

<? php
/*
 "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by "
  	To avoid the header error , give value zero to
*/
ob_start();

So will that actually set the cookie though?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.