Mysql Populating Table with Million Entries

yimsg

Dear All,

I have attached here with a schema, of MySql DB format i am refering to for the topic i need help on.

I want to know what is the best way to achieve this problem / task.

I have a profile table, and a category table, and a table to map profiles to category.

Which allows me to define/add into the category_profile_mapping table, profile ids against a category id.

Each category can have anywhere between 2 to 1,00,000 profiles mapped to it.

I have another table called sms_out. hence on the site, when i select a category and submit the form value with message, i want to know what is the best way to populate sms_out with MSISDN from the table "Profile" and the message from the form.

The list of MSISDN will be based on the category id selected, hence the profile id's will be available in the category_profile_mapping table.

I am bad at explaining the problem, however incase you folks need more info do let me know. i shall be glad to provide the same to .. all of you guys who are willing to help me :)

PS:  I am asking this question, cuz i want to knw the best solution to achieve this, when there is entries in millions to be done at one form submit.

[attachment deleted by admin]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.