Displaying MS Access Query in PHP page

usmarinenco

I have an MS Access Database that resides on the server that I will be hosting the pages I'm building.

In my MS Access Database I have a query called "CheckedInEquipment" that I would like to have constantly display on a PHP page.

It needs to be 'fluid', so the data is always up to date on the web page.

(This is all in a sandbox XAMPP environment).

Has anyone done this, can you lead me to examples or push me in the right direction?

Carl

I'm sorry.....are you actualy planning to put a web front end on an ACCESS databash? :o

Asides from the fact that ACCESS is totaly useles at several things (processing SQL, negotiating network transfer protocalls and having no clear grasp of optimistic locking being three big ones) It's also licensed by microsoft to a very limited number of simultanious access requests.  None of this adds up to being a good backend for a web interface.

Muddy,

The ACCESS side is only for the "FRONT END" that the user inputs their data into.  It's that way because military people understand Access....hahaha!

The back end is MySQL...all data input into the forms is stored in MySQL.

The QUERY I created in ACCESS uses the MySQL databases to pull the data and display the results. 

I've also created a PHP page with the help of some others that uses an Array out of the DB's to pull together the data I need.

Now I just have to format the Array results so that they display on the web page in a grid format....and not the hideous array results format.

either I'm not fully understanding the problem, or that is just strange... you have people inputting stuff into an access database that is then inserted into a mysql database, and then you want to display the information from the access file again?

seems you're going down a road that will bring you many headaches in the future.

Would be much better to forget about the access file and create a system in php/mysql where they can input the data needed (if they're used to / only understand access, there's nothing preventing you from designing the page to look like an access database)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.