Need planning logic help...

brentman

So I have this killer script I wrote for article management across multiple sites. I am trying to make a drip feed so you can set up a bunch of articles for one site to drip out over x amount of days. Then you could do that for your next site etc... so you do not need to manage all of your 20 blogs/sites a day.

So, I am thinking I have all these variables in a table:

Table 1

Article - URL for article - Title - Keywords - Anchor Text - URL link - Category - Site to post to ID

Table 2...

URL - Date Posted - Drip Feed (maybe include category here because in table 1 it will repeat category for every row of the same url)

Then I make a script that runs on a cron job every 2-4 hrs...

Not sure the best way to make the script and also not sure the best way to post this info to different sites... ideally id like to be able to post to joomla, wordpress, blogspots, etc... basically many different kinds of sites.

Any suggestions would be appreciated... no need for you to write the code I can do that, just need a plan.

How I would do it depends on what you mean by "drip". Normally I'd set publish times and only show things (both on the site and in any feeds) that have passed that time.

If you mean drip like an IV drip then I'd still do the process as above, but when setting the drip speed I'd adjust publish times automatically according to the rate. So for 10 items over 10 hours that's one per hour, thus the publish time for each item N (1now + N * 1 hour. No cron jobs needed.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.