Bots getting past Math Captcha

mrzebra81

Is there any way to prevent bots from getting past a math captcha? I have 2 numbers generated randomly (from 1 to 20) and they are displayed in an image with the following lines:

one going from the upper left corner to the lower right corner

one going from the upper right to the lower left

a vertical line in the middle of the image

and a horizontal line in the middle....

Now I keep getting bots posting on my comments page every few weeks...is there a more effective method I should try in order to stop this?

I have the answer stored in a session variable. I was going to try random numbers from (1 to 100).

I also have a php counter on my webpage that has a file that the number of hits is written to and it seems everytime the bots post get past my captcha, the number of hits in the file is overridden. (It will go from 538 views down to 10 views)....

Any ideas???

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.