Coding Help :(

jushiro

Is there a way i can make a php code for making a lesson then upload to my made system?

Im newbie here. so basically,  i need to make an e-learning system that lets the user make a lesson then upload it so that other user can view their made lesson..  Someone help me pls.  :confused: :confused:

Well, your request is somewhat vague. What kind of lessons are we talking about. If they are just text based lessons (maybe some images here and there), you could create a rather simple site that meets those needs. Some HTML and PHP/MySQL would probably get the job done.

But if you wanted something interactive in real time (as in the user doesn't have to reload the page every time they preform an action) that it becomes rather complex. Even more so if you want other users to be able to create and upload their own lessons. This could require some rather difficult coding if you are new to PHP. You would most likely have to learn actionscript, jquery/ajax, or perhaps java, in addition to some fairly complex php coding potentially.

This kind of system isn't really something anyone could code up in any decent amount of time without wanting to charge for it. If you truly want to do it yourself, perhaps you should start with a simple design, and add more complexity to it as you learn more. 

Well text and images won't be too hard. I am not sure how proficient you are, or what you know, but I would start with learning how to create and manage a MySQL database. A google search will probably turn up some tutorials. Then I would learn about uploading images, and using the MySQL database to allow the user to upload text.

Then you may want to try to allow the user to add images inline, perhaps using an open source WYSIWYG editor.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.