How to validate forms

Hoax

Hi, I am fairly new to php and I wanted to know whether you could validate a "input type = text ". I have made a class where i've made functions to validate test fields but i dont know how to call them with the html form.

Any suggestions or tips .... Thanks in advance.  ;)

When you submit the form, on whatever page that form is submit to you will want to run your validation code. The form data will be in either the $_POST or the $_GET super global (depending on the method you use). You could also use some sort of Javascript/AJAX validation if you want to make validation a little more user friendly. However, always remember to validate on the PHP side because a user can disable javascript and bypass any javascript based validation.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.