$_GET from iframe Child

ebolt007

I'll try to explain the best I can, everything online $_GET's information from the parent to the child, which I can do, I just can't go in reverse. So I have a site, with a calendar and buttons. When a date is clicked on it modifies the iframe with that date's month and day in the iframe url. ie: http://www.url.com/page.php?mon=201110&day=7  I need to get the mon and day from the child iframe URL so I can put this on other buttons on the parent url. I can't figure out how to get these and turn them into a variable tho. Basically as simple as...

$cur_mon = $_GET['mon'];
$cur_day = $_GET['day'];
        //link to open iframe with correct mon and day generated
echo "<a href=\"iframe.php?mon=$cur_mon&day=$cur_day\"  target=\"iframe\">Event for $cur_mon</a>\n";

I just can't figure out what to ad to the $_GET, or from what I've been reading, how to integrate the javascript to pull the mon and day from the iframe url.

Thanks

PHP can't do anything with frames so you're left with using JavaScript.

Create a function on the parent page that takes the month and day and does whatever you want it to do.

Inside the iframe.php you can call that function:

parent.whatever_function_you_made($cur_mon, $cur_day);

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.