Function that not working in IE

IreneLing

Hi all , in my scripts I have a drop list and its <option> values are retrieved from sql database , and once I choose any value from the drop list the value will shown in a textbox .  It's functioning well in firefox and opera except IE , is there any way to solve this problem?

<html>
<head>
<title>Untitled</title>
</head>
<body>
<form name="theform" onsubmit="CheckForm()">

<?php
$query="SELECT DISTINCT Custgroup FROM UserAddedRecord";

$result = mysql_query ($query);

?>
<select name="myOptions" onchange="document.theform.showValue.value=this.value" >
<?

while($nt=mysql_fetch_array($result)){//Array or records stored in $nt
echo "<option >$nt[Custgroup]</option>";

}

?>

<input type="text" name="showValue"><br>
</form>
</body>
</html>

Thanks for every reply .

^__________^ Glad I could be of help.

Just for future reference (If you read this post again) If it's something that one browser is having issues with, and the others aren't it's not PHP code that's the problem. PHP Is server side, and the browser never sees anything of php until you echo it out, so if only IE is giving trouble, it has to be with the HTML/Javascript (client side).

^__________^ Glad I could be of help.

Just for future reference (If you read this post again) If it's something that one browser is having issues with, and the others aren't it's not PHP code that's the problem. PHP Is server side, and the browser never sees anything of php until you echo it out, so if only IE is giving trouble, it has to be with the HTML/Javascript (client side).

Truly thanks for your advices , I will remember it . 

Thanks again .

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.