Need help with Booking Site

jp2123

I'm new to this blog but need serious help. I want to add a calendar to a Hotel website for the booking part, I did it once but I forgot how to do it. Here is the link to the booking file. http://regencycountryclub.com/QuickReserve.php I just want instead of having to select the day, month and year. I want to add a calendar to select the arrival date and departure date. I would really appreciate the help. Thanks

I'm not sure what to provide but I will start with this. I was able to install some calendar through js. Here is the example.

http://regencycountryclub.com/QuickReserve2.php

However, I noticed that the date is not being picked up when I click on book. This is due to how the code is set up. But I have very little knowledge of coding so I'm not sure how to fix it. For example. To add the "calendar" input I added the code

<input type="text" name="date" class="tcal" value="" />

However here is the problem. Due to the fact that the previous booking was based on selecting separately the day, month and year I can't find the way that the code will read the selected day,month, year from the calendar input. This is the code for day,month,year selection.

function data_quick()
{
var g_o	= <?php echo date('j'); ?>;
var m_o	= <?php echo date('n'); ?>;
var a_o	= <?php echo date('Y'); ?>;

var g_d	= <?php echo date('j',mktime(0,0,0,date('n'),date('j')+1,date('Y'))); ?>;
var m_d	= <?php echo date('n',mktime(0,0,0,date('n'),date('j')+1,date('Y'))); ?>;
var a_d	= <?php echo date('Y',mktime(0,0,0,date('n'),date('j')+1,date('Y'))); ?>;

document.getElementById('gg').value = g_o;
document.getElementById('mm').value = m_o;
document.getElementById('aa').value = a_o;

document.getElementById('ggf').value = g_d;
document.getElementById('mmf').value = m_d;
document.getElementById('aaf').value = a_d;
}

The selection code for the booking used to be.

<SELECT
	class="tcal" size="1" name="gg" id="gg">
			<OPTION value="1">1</OPTION><OPTION value="2">2</OPTION><OPTION value="3">3</OPTION><OPTION value="4">4</OPTION><OPTION value="5">5</OPTION><OPTION value="6">6</OPTION><OPTION value="7">7</OPTION><OPTION value="8">8</OPTION><OPTION value="9">9</OPTION><OPTION value="10">10</OPTION><OPTION value="11">11</OPTION><OPTION value="12">12</OPTION><OPTION value="13">13</OPTION><OPTION value="14">14</OPTION><OPTION selected value="15">15</OPTION><OPTION value="16">16</OPTION><OPTION value="17">17</OPTION><OPTION value="18">18</OPTION><OPTION value="19">19</OPTION><OPTION value="20">20</OPTION><OPTION value="21">21</OPTION><OPTION value="22">22</OPTION><OPTION value="23">23</OPTION><OPTION value="24">24</OPTION><OPTION value="25">25</OPTION><OPTION value="26">26</OPTION><OPTION value="27">27</OPTION><OPTION value="28">28</OPTION><OPTION value="29">29</OPTION><OPTION value="30">30</OPTION><OPTION value="31">31</OPTION> 		</SELECT> <SELECT class="myinput" size="1" name="mm" id="mm">

<OPTION value="1">1</OPTION><OPTION value="2">2</OPTION><OPTION value="3">3</OPTION><OPTION value="4">4</OPTION><OPTION value="5">5</OPTION><OPTION selected value="6">6</OPTION><OPTION value="7">7</OPTION><OPTION value="8">8</OPTION><OPTION value="9">9</OPTION><OPTION value="10">10</OPTION><OPTION value="11">11</OPTION><OPTION value="12">12</OPTION> 		</SELECT> <SELECT class="myinput" size="1" name="aa" id="aa">
			<OPTION selected value="2011">2011</OPTION><OPTION value="2012">2012</OPTION> 		</SELECT>

So basically I deleted this last code from the php file and instead pasted the first code I provided. My question is how do I make the new calendar code to work like the old one in function? I don't know if you understand.

Also as you can see in the last code every info is separate. There is a selection for day, then another one for month, and another one for year etc... In the calendar setup it's not divided like that. I don't know if I'm making any sense.

Actually I'm making some progress just need an extra push to finish but don't know how to go from here. Check this url

http://www.regencycountryclub.com/booking-online.php?gg=12%2F10%2F2011&ggf=13%2F10%2F2011&tot_adulti=2&tot_bambini=&tot_camere=1&codice_cli=&headvar=ok&dc=974&lingua_int=eng&id_stile=6666&tappa_1_id_albergo=8899&id_canale=&id_gruppo=&n_tappe=1&id_percorso=&id_affiliazione=&id_prodotto_sel=

You see it says gg=12.....ggf=13 well those were the days that I choos as you can see the first 2%F"10" is the month and the next one the year. However for the booking system to recognize the date inserted with the calendar it needs to look something like this gg=12&mm=10&aa=2011&ggf=13....

gg=day

mm=month

aa=year

ggf= departure day....

In the code I used id="gg" and name="gg" my question will be how to make it work with mm, and aa?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.