how to exchange php mail() function by authenticated SMPT

anonymousprime

Hello php Freaks,

before i start , let me tell you ; BY GOD, i googled, i used countless search functions on several websites and forums, i even called some friends that told me once, they are good with php, but guess what :

No Results , AT ALL!  So here i am, sorta desperate and hungry for a solution.  I need to admit, and somehow its obvious, i am not much of a Programmer, or Coder of some kind. I be more the gfx type of Guy !

Well, here we go :

I bought a php Script, and ran a first test on a free web host (  like always ) to check if all looks fine, works well and runs like a charm. And it did. So i went over to my paid space account, bought a domain, and installed the Script on my new domain.  All was fine, until i registered a test account. The Script suppose to send an activation email , with an activation link in it.  As i said before, on the FREE web space , it worked just fine, even though i entered a gmail Admin Email. (not like i planed to do support@newdomain.com)

After a lot of research and 3 re-installations i contacted the Support to tell them that my script dont work on their Server.  And here it comes :

They don`t allow php Mail for Spamming Reasons. And they are not willing to make an exception.  But, they gave me the advice to implement an authenticated smpt script in order to get the job done.  The Vendor, is not willing to help me, and i am to much of a php noob to actually know or understand what to do now.

Basically i need to know how i pull of a switch from php mail()  to authenticate smpt.  Here the original Code, with the mail function :

<?php 
include('header.php');
if(isset($_POST['register'])){
foreach($_POST as $key => $value) {
$sec[$key] = filter($value);
}

$verificare1 = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `users` WHERE `login`='{$sec['user']}' OR `email`='{$sec['email']}'");
$verificare = mysql_num_rows($verificare1);

if ($verificare > 0) {
$mesaj = "<div class=\"error\">ERROR: Username or email already registered!</div>";
}else if (!isUserID($sec['user'])) {
$mesaj = "<div class=\"error\">ERROR: Username is incorrect!</div>";
}else if(!isEmail($sec['email'])) {
$mesaj = "<div class=\"error\">ERROR: Enter a valid email address!</div>";
}else if (!checkPwd($sec['password'],$sec['password2'])) {
$mesaj = "<div class=\"error\">ERROR: Passwords do not match!</div>";
}else{
if(isset($_COOKIE['PlusREF'])){
$ref = $_COOKIE['PlusREF'];
$user1 = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `users` WHERE `id`='{$ref}'");
$user = mysql_fetch_object($user1);
mysql_query("INSERT INTO `referals`(user,referal,date) values('{$user->login}','{$sec['user']}',NOW())");
}
$activare = rand(000000000, 999999909);
mail($sec['email'],"Activate your account","
Hello,

Thank you for your signup on our site. 

Click on this link to activate your account: 
{$site->site_url}/activate.php?cod={$activare}

Best Regards!","From: Site Admin <{$site->site_email}>");
$final = VisitorIP();
$passa = $sec['password'];
$passc = MD5($passa);
mysql_query("INSERT INTO `users`(email,login,IP,pass,passdecoded,ref,signup,activate) values('{$sec['email']}','{$sec['user']}','$final','$passc','$passa','{$ref}',NOW(),'{$activare}')")or die(mysql_error());
$mesaj = "<div class=\"success\">Registered! You need to confirm your email address now!</div>";
}}
?>	
<div class="block medium right">
		<div class="top">
                  <h1>Register</h1>
            </div>
		<div class="content"><div class="msg"><?echo $mesaj;?></div>
<form action="" method="post">
				  <fieldset>
					 <p>
						 <label>Username</label><br/>
						 <input class="text big" type="text" value="" name="user"/>
					 </p>
					 <p>
						 <label>Email</label><br/>
						 <input class="text big" type="email" value="" name="email"/>
					 </p>
					 <p>
						 <label>Password</label> <br/>
						 <input class="password" type="password" value="" name="password"/>
					 </p>
					 <p>
						 <label>Repeat Password</label> <br/>
						 <input class="password" type="password" value="" name="password2"/>
					 </p>
					  <p>
					  	<input type="submit" class="button gray small" value="Register" name="register" />
					  </p>
				  </fieldset>
				</form>

</div>
	</div>

<?include('footer.php');?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.