preg_replace problem

BrettCarr

Hi Guys,

I have a small issue with doing a preg_replace on a string.

Here is the string I wish to use preg_replace on

<?php
$mystring = "This is my test string that has {['site_info']} and some more stuff {['taste']} then nothing"
?>

I want to do a preg_replace and replace {['site_info']} with  $stuff['major']['site_info'] through the string

I want to replace the placeholder with real variables from the array

Any help would be great

<?php

$string = "This is my test string that has {['site_info']} and some more stuff {['taste']} then nothing";
$string = preg_replace('/\{\[\'site_info\'\]\}/', '$stuff[\'major\'][\'site_info\']', $string);

echo $string;

?>

Will echo this:

This is my test string that has $stuff['major']['site_info'] and some more stuff {['taste']} then nothing

But if you wanted to insert a variable rather than actually put the text in there like that:

<?php

$stuff['major']['site_info'] = 'VARIABLE!!';

$string = "This is my test string that has {['site_info']} and some more stuff {['taste']} then nothing";
$string = preg_replace('/\{\[\'site_info\'\]\}/', $stuff['major']['site_info'], $string);

echo $string;

?>

Will echo this:

This is my test string that has VARIABLE!! and some more stuff {['taste']} then nothing

Hope that answers your problem.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.