Signup system for multiple types of users

Different

Hello PHP mates!

I am having some doubts and I am going to share them with you so maybe someone can help. Okay, I know how to make signup and login page. And here is the problem. How to make signup page for multiple types of users? For example, type A user has its own signup form, user type B also has its own and same goes for C type of user. How can I make that?

Thanks in advance PHP freaks!

Well, how you should approach this will be directly related to "how" these pages are different. I would likely have a "core" page (or pages) for much of the functionality. But, what is included in the core page(s) would be determined by what was similar.

For example, if the sign-up pages are only different with respect to style, then the core pages could handle all of the form creation, validation and processing.

Or, let's say all the users will be inserted into a main 'users' table, but depending upon the user type there will be additional data inserted into associated tables (admins, clients, etc.). If there is a login system you definitely want ONE table to hold the 'parent' user record. In that case you want some common code to do the validation/insertion of the main user data and then separate, specific processes to do the same for the type specific data.

There are countless permutations I can think of, all of which would use a different solution.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.