Need to download and install PHPmyadmin

yshua

Hello readers!   

Need help setting up PHPmyadmin for secure downloads, i.e., must avoid XAMPP.  Have good help with a consultant when necessary, but would truly like to know a recommended (hopefully free) dwonload source for PHPmyadmin.  Anyone have package to recommend?

Thanks for your time,

Yshua :-\

Tried looking at that sight yesterday.  What am I missing.  Tried downloading the second option in the upper right green box to download.  Actually might have missed the right thing to download.  Do I download the "Try PHPmyadmin" option?

Thanks for input,  Yshua

OK, it worked, downloading from PHPmyadmin.net!  Thanks for the push in the right direction.  I still need to know what to do to integrate it with my Apache web server now!  Am a true beginner, having only used it on Yahoo previously....

OK.  With regards to editing the configuration file,  Can I have a suggestion?  Is it DocumentRoot, ScriptAlias, Supplemental configuration, etc.  DocumentRoot is currently "..../Apache2.2/htdocs."  Should that be changed to  ".../ PHPmyadmin/....?"

New to this part of configuring, 

It comes with a config.sample.inc.php file. You can use that as the basis for a config by making  a copy and naming it config.inc.php.  Probably you will want to go with the cookie  auth type, that prompts you for a pw and saves it as an encrypted cookie.

This is most likely what you want to have in the config file:

$cfg['blowfish_secret'] = 'some_phrase_here'; /* YOU MUST FILL IN THIS FOR COOKIE AUTH! */
//$cfg['ForceSSL'] = TRUE;
/*
* Servers configuration
*/
$i = 0;
$i++;
/*
* First server
*/
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['verbose'] = 'servername';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['port'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['socket'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['connect_type'] = 'tcp';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysqli';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'cookie';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'username';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'userpw';

For security purposes I use the forcessl and host this under https but that may be beyond your abilities to setup.  I commented out the relevant config line.  You can use any mysql user you want, but I personally use the root user.  The important thing is to have a valid username + password configured for this to work.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.