Weird Bug

nepzap2

Dear all,

I updated my versions of php/MySQL and OS to Windows 7 Professional and weird "Warnings and Notices:" started popping up. E.g.

"Notice: Undefined index: page in C:\Server\htdocs\domain\index.php on line 25 "

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for '-4.0/DST' instead in C:\Server\htdocs\domain\index.php on line 12 "

I don't know what is going on. Unless I enter these following functions (error_reporting(0);, session_start();) with their parameters these warnings display. Can anyone offer any advice?

Any assistance is appreciated.

Devotee,

Thank you for answering. The code is the following:

<?php
//error_reporting (E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);
//error_reporting(0);
//session_start();
include "functions/functions.php";
       // Testing News Functions //
include "functions/functionsAllSummerInterns.php";
include "functions/functionsNews.php";
include "includes/header.php";

ini_set('arg_separator.output', '&');

/* 

Below are the cases for each section of the website. Through the $_GET[''] Method we detect which section the user 
	clicks on and style the section accordingly.

*/

// Body Content Begins

switch (htmlentities ($_GET['page'])){

More Code

?>

When you updated PHP the new installed version defaulted to showing errors.  Now you're seeing an error that was previously hidden.  That's not a bug in PHP, though it represents a bug in your code.  $_GET['page'] doesn't exist when you expect it to exist.  Fix that.

The date timezone thing can be safely ignored, but it won't hurt you to explicitly set the timezone.

-Dan

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.