Thoughts on Event Registration

doubledee

This is more of a design question, I suppose.

I am trying to build a generic "Events Registration" module for some potential upcoming clients.  The system should allow a CUSTOMER (payor) to register him/herself - and possible other people - for an upcoming EVENT (e.g. Mannheim Steamroller Christmas Spectacular).

A few people I've talked to think you should minimize the info you ask during checkout.

Originally I wanted *every* attendees to have to "register" and create an online account.  But based on surveying people, the consesnsus is that nobody would ever register if I demand that much info!!

So I have backed down and was just going to require the CUSTOMER (payor) to create a simple account requiring:

- email

- password

- name

But upon further thought, it seems to me that I need to capture at least the Names of the ATTENDEES for check-in purposes and general identification.

I do not believe the Events Manager would care if people swap tickets and "Amy" goes for "Bob" who was out sick.  But I do think the Events Manager needs some organized way for the person doing Event-day registration to know that Mr. Jones paid for:

- Suzy

- Sally

- Samantha

- Steve

- Sara

- Seth

- Sandy

- Stephan

If I have...

CUSTOMER -||-------<-TICKETS->|---------||-EVENT

...then maybe I lose control of the people attending?!

Maybe this is better...

CUSTOMER -||-------<-ATTENDEES->|---------||-EVENT

What do you think?

Debbie

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.