How Should I Write This Query

ShoeLace1291

I am trying to create a query that selects results from a table called matches.  The results from this table must be based on whether or not there are results from another table called match_results.  The results from the match_results table must be based on whether or not the row has either a home_id equal to the current team id, or a visitor_id equal to the current team id.  If the current team id is equal to the home_id of the result from the match_results table, then the home_score must be greater than the visitor_score.  If the current team id is equal to the visitor_id of the result from the match_results table, then the visitor_score must be greater than the home_score. 

In short, I am trying to make a query that finds a team's match record(wins and losses).  If the result from the matches table doesn't have any results from the match_results table with the same match id, then it hasn't been played it.  I hope this makes sense.  Is there any way to do this in one single query?

[attachment deleted by admin]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.