HTML form trouble, weirding me out, won't take audio, file size not the prob...

elliotpo

Hi.  So I've coded many a file upload form and never had any trouble.  Until now.  For some reason when I try to upload MP3 files, I'll hit submit and the page just reloads.  Once it does so, the file upload field is once again blank.  What's odd is that images and documents upload just fine.  It's only audio tracks that cause the page to reload and clear.  My php.ini max file upload size is at this point set to 100M, and the files I'm trying to upload are under 10M.  Any ideas?  Here's the form code, just to post it-- pretty basic.  I'm at a loss here....  Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks very much.

<form action="test.php" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="POST"/>

<input type = "file" name = "audio" />

<p><input type ="submit" name="submit" value="do it."/><p>

</form>

Ah see that's the weird thing.  I can't get to that point.  So, let's say I have the form action directing to page X.  We never get to page X: the page literally re-loads, blanking the form field in the process, and any instructions are ignored, or never found.  If I then hit submit again, with the file upload form field blank, it goes to the target page and does whatever I want-- in this case giving me error 4 since there's nothing there anymore.  You see what I mean?  But if I go to load a JPEG, for example, it goes write to the specified page and does whatever.  Hence my confusion....  Again, the max file upload size should be no trouble.  I'm wondering if there's some other php.ini thing I'm neglecting, or possibly some Apache thing...?

Thanks for writing.

Ah indeed-- it took a smaller audio file.  Thanks.  But do you have any idea how this could be remedied for larger files?  I was only aware of the max_file_upload size line in the php.ini.  There must be other places where such things are specified...? Thanks again--

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.