Multiple timezone conversion

lard

Hi all

I've got an issue with time zones for displaying information.  I'm hoping someone might know of a guide that would cover the following.  I'm struggling to find one!  Basically I have many online events to list in many different timezones.  Users may wish to use their time zone to display information in.  What I would like to do is store a timestamp and timezone for each event, then will need (I think!) to convert all to a single timezone in order to list them chronologically.  From that I would then convert them into the user's desired timezone and display to the page.

The idea to is avoid changes in time throughout the year, so it does it all automatically.

Any links, tips, words of advice very gratefully received!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.