unexpected T_FOREACH

Logician

I am getting the syntax error "unexpected T_FOREACH" and I can't see why?

I have checked and rechecked but can't find anything wrong with the code. Why am I getting unexpected T_FOREACH?

<?php
session_start();
$link = mysql_connect('localhost', 'me', '123ok');
mysql_select_db('mydb', $link);
$query = "INSERT INTO orders (id, cartcontent) VALUES (null, '".

foreach ($_SESSION['cart']['content'] as $content) {
		$querycontent = "select * from products where id='{$content['id']}'"; $result = mysql_query($querycontent); $row = mysql_fetch_array($result);
		if ($content['sizes'] == 0) {goto sizel;} else {echo 'Small: "'.$content['sizes'].'"';}
		sizel:
		if ($content['sizel'] == 0) {goto endsizes;} else {echo 'Large: "'.$content['sizel'].'"';}
		endsizes:
		mysql_query ($querycontent);
	}

."')";
mysql_query ($query);
mysql_close($link);
?>

I also tried this, but getting same result.

<?php
session_start();
$link = mysql_connect('localhost', 'me', '123ok');
mysql_select_db('mydb', $link);
$foobar = 	foreach ($_SESSION['cart']['content'] as $content) {
			$querycontent = "select * from products where id='{$content['id']}'"; $result = mysql_query($querycontent); $row = mysql_fetch_array($result);
			if ($content['sizes'] == 0) {goto sizel;} else {echo 'Small: "'.$content['sizes'].'"';}
			sizel:
			if ($content['sizel'] == 0) {goto endsizes;} else {echo 'Large: "'.$content['sizel'].'"';}
			endsizes:
		}
$query = "INSERT INTO orders (id, cartcontent) VALUES (null, '$foobar')";
mysql_query ($query);
mysql_close($link);
?>

I see, I did not know this!

If foreach cannot be used inside an echo (even when braking out of the echo), I will use this code bellow. But the same result still returns in error. so, I think the answer lies closer to you saying that foreach is not returning anything. I will investigate further.

<?php
session_start();
$link = mysql_connect('localhost', 'testusr', 'testpw');
mysql_select_db('testdb', $link);
$foobar = 	foreach ($_SESSION['cart']['content'] as $content) {
			sizel:
			endsizes:
		}
mysql_query ($query);
mysql_close($link);
?>

Thank you.

Ok, so I have lots of stuff in $_SESSION['cart']['content']...

$_SESSION['cart']['content']['1']

$_SESSION['cart']['content']['2']

$_SESSION['cart']['content']['3']

etc etc..........

Inside these session things, there is an array. What I want to do is to dump all of the arrays inside a MySQL table called "cartcontent". To do this, I have tried this failed method:

$foobar = foreach ($_SESSION['cart']['content'] as $content) {
sizel:
endsizes:
}

What I have tried to do with the above, is get the dumping of data to occur by assigning it as $foobar, where foobar is the trigger at which point the information will be dumped - into the MySQL table called "cartcontent".

LOL EVEN BETTER! A dirty trick!

$_SESSION['order']['contentdump'] = foreach()

I will try it and report.

... and I am also going to try and even more disgusting trick, dumping the information into a text file, then including that text file, then deleting it... all in a single PHP script.. hey! What ever works!

You need something like:

foreach ($_SESSION['cart']['content'] as $content) {
  foreach ($content as $data) {
    $query = "INSERT INTO orders (id, cartcontent) VALUES (null, '$data')";
    mysql_query($query);
  }
}

Well, all those attempts totally failed and I am so pissed off right now. I just broke my 4 day streak of good eating habbits (I don't wanna use the work diet!) over the stress  of this problem. Fuckin awesome shit NOT!

Thorpe, what you suggested looks really good and I am confident your suggestion will work. I have a few other things I want to try out first, so that strategy is now on que for trial.

I will report back the outcome.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.