Create My Own Error Logging

onlyican

Hi All

I am building a website and I basically want to be able to log my own Error Logging.

This could be anything from a usual PHP Notice, An SQL Query failing, a 404 page or a user reaching an activity they should not have (For example, hitting a default: on a switch when they shouldn't have)

I have 3 options that I can think off

1) MySQL

2) Email

3) File Write

All have pros and cons

MySQL - Pro - I can build an admin script to read the errors and display them for me to handle and mark when completed.

MySQL - CON - What is the Queries fail for what ever reason (too many connections), then the query to log the error would also fail, thus I would never know

Email: PRO - Should always work, I will know straight away

Email: CON - Getting the data from an email to a user friendly screen, instead of clogging up my email box

File Write - PRO - I can put the data into MySQL at any point, Should near enough always work

File Write - CON - Other people could possibly see the the errors, which could give away directories or weaknesses in the web project.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.