Monitor size???

ebgames56

How can i get my website to display proplery on any monitor widescreen is fine or 800x

i set it to 100%width  here is what i mean on my widescreen its fine but then i go to another monitor it sucks

1sxi0m.jpg

16ke6hw.jpg

what kind of monitor do you have? would you be able to tell me how the site looks on your monitor?

http://szeryk.com/Guitar%20Manifesto/

typically, you want to set your websites width to a static 960px give or take.. this will account for monitors with lower resolution..you will also want to set the parent containing div margins to ( margin: 0 auto; ) to center the div within the page boundaries..

It's not a matter of changing a little code - the whole design really needs to be built in mind with how it will be laid out. It's not going to be as simple as changing 2-3 lines of code.

If you really want it to stretch full screen, google 'liquid layouts' or 'full-screen layouts' and find some tutorials on the matter. You can also look at 'responsive web design', which will reorder the content based on the size of the screen viewing it (this is still a pretty new technique).

right, maybe I shouldn't have been so hasty as to suggest a fixed width with left and right auto margins.. however this method does seem to be gaining in popularity.. as haku stated, there is no simple answer/solution to this question.. you will need to base every child element of your site around your page dimensions.. this answer also depends on the overall styling of your webpage and what you are going to include in it. This particular forum can implement the auto margins simply because all of the elements on this forum are able to expand and detract without really effecting the overall aesthetics of the page, however depending on the content in your webpage, this may not always be a practical approach. Which is why you also see websites with a fixed width and auto left and right margins.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.