MLM-Display binary Tree

killervastu

Hey guys,

i am a college student and working on a project of mlm ad want to display the binary income tree,and also calculate the income that is given to each node.

Please see the attachments for the binary tree structure and database table structure.

Thanks.

[attachment deleted by admin]

This can easily be done with a pre-order recursive function, passing the multiplier back up from the children to be used when printing the parents.  Google for pre-order recursion.

Also, what demented professor uses MLM schemes as teaching material?  I hope he told you that they're both evil and illegal.

This can easily be done with a pre-order recursive function, passing the multiplier back up from the children to be used when printing the parents.  Google for pre-order recursion.

Also, what demented professor uses MLM schemes as teaching material?  I hope he told you that they're both evil and illegal.

Thanks

but what to do according to them after completing this project i would have a small amount of good knowledge of php  :)

All you have is 4 database columns and zero knowledge of PHP?  Ask your professor/TA for help.  Yes, creating an object tree and implementing pre-order recursion (possibly followed by in-order recursion) would give you a good knowledge of PHP, that's why it was week 14 in my CompSci 101 course.  You need a lot more base for this.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.