multi url browsing

tomindo

I'm not sure I've got you exactly however I do recall somewhere in some dusty memories that a browser has a limit to the number of items it can simultaneously download from any one domain at a time (6 items rings a bell but don't quote me on that). That might explain a little, on the assumption I understand you correctly.

i have tried on chrome and firefox , not working for even 2 items. Basically, i have a php script on the site which will take like 1 minute to finish loading so during this time when i try to browse other links on the same browser they won't load at all until the 1 minute script done. There must be something to do with php session :shrug:

This is due to session locking.  The session file is locked by the first script and won't be unlocked until the script is finished (or calls session-write-close).  Your second script, therefore, has to wait for the lock to be released before session_start can be called reliably.

Your solutions are:

1)  Fix that page that takes so damn long, no web page should take more than a second or two to execute.

2)  Don't use sessions in the first page.

3)  Unlock the session in the first page before you begin your long-running operation.  Do not attempt to assign anything to a session variable after you do this on that first page.

4)  Rewrite your session handling so the scripts can read/write in parallel. (Note: You are not good enough to do this one).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.