how do i get info b/t three linked pages

mpsn

Hi, I want to be able to allow user to enter in <input type="text" >... the total XML files to upload on the first page so:

my first page has form that asks user how many uploads form they want so (firstpage.html):

<form method='post' action='outputTotalUploads.php' >...

Then in second form (outputTotalUploads.php) is where it outputs the desired number of upload forms based on the first page:

for loop to post each <form method='post' action='addToDb.php' >...

Finally in third page (addToDb.php):

for each uploaded file, do: //BUT HOW DO I GET THIS TOTAL??

add to database

*My problem is HOW do I refer to the total number of uploads the user chose way back in the first page b/c I know you cannot have multiple action attribute in the form tag.

Any help much appreciated!

Forgot to mention:  the solution I posted previously uses sessions and session variables.  You can also put a hidden input on the second page, and re-use the variable on the third, like this:

<?php

echo '<input type="hidden" name="num_uploads" value="' . $_POST[numberFromFirstPageForm] . '" />';

?>

Then you can claim it on the third page by calling up the variable like this:

echo $_POST['num_uploads'];

Hi, now I have a new problem, I don't know why the $_POST array is empty when I have uploaded content. I have three scripts (1st: ask users how many upload pairs they want (an XML file must be accompanied by an XSD file; 2nd: dispaly the total upload form pairs; 3rd: the upload pairs with content user uploaded will be validated before storing to db)

First script: (ask user to enter total number upload pairs)

=======

<?php

<form method="DisplayMultipleUploads.php" action="post">

<input type="text" name="numUploadPairs" />

<input type="submit" name="SUBMIT"  name="numUploadPairsSubmit"/>

</form>

if(array_key_exists("numUploadPairsSubmit", $_POST) && !empty($_POST["numUploadPairs"])) {

header("Location: showUploadForms.php");

exit;

}

?>

Second script: (showUploadForms.php):

============================

<?php

$numUploadPairs=$_POST["numUploadPairs"];

print "<form action='storeToDB.php' method='post' enctype='multipart/form-data'>";

for($i=0;$i<$numUploadPairs;$i++) {

print

'<p>

<label>

Upload XSD file #'.$i; print '<input type="file" name="uploadedXSDFile".'.$i; print 'value="uploadedXSDFileValue" id="imageFileType" />

</label>

</p>i

<p>

<label>';

print 'Upload an XML file #'.$i; print '<input type="file" name="uploadedXMLFile"'.$i; print 'value="uploadedXMLFileValue" id="imageFileType" />

</label>

<input type="hidden" name="numUploadsHidden" value=';print $numUploadPairs; print '/>

</p>';

print "-----------------------------------------------------------<br />";

}//END WHILE LOOP for build XSD:XML upload form pairs

print

"<p>

<input type='submit' name='multipleUploadSubmit' value='STORE to DB NOW'/>

</p>";

print '</form> <br />';

?>

Third script: (storeToDB.php):

=====================

<?php

//user's total desired upload pairs

$numActualUploads=chop($_POST["numUploadsHidden"], "/");//chop removes char to right of first param string

//TEST to make sure $_POST['uploadedXSDFile'.i] and $_POST['uploadedXMLFie'.i] exist

for($i=0;$i<$numActualUploads;$i++) {

//ONLY print the uploaded forms where XSD:XML pairs BOTH HAVE ACTUAL CONTENT!

if(!empty($_POST['uploadedXSDFile'.$i])

&& !empty($_POST['uploadedXMLFile'.$i]) ) {

print 'cur XSD:'.$_POST['uploadedXSDFile'.$i].':';

print 'cur XML:'.$_POST['uploadedXMLFile'.$i];

}

else

print "Nay <br />";

}

?>

For the third script, I thought I check first if the $_POST even have uploaded content, it turns they don't, so it just prints: "Nay"

Any help much appreicated!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.