Very strange error message

Riparian

I hope this is in the correct section.

My host and I have spent many hours on this and can find no reason for this error

Only MSIE creates the problem and it only occurs on the index page on load and on refresh.

All other browsers are fine

Scenario:

on loading in ie 7,8 I get these error messages

Error messages

Error Log - [sat Nov 12 23:49:44 2011] [error] [client 60.230.xxx.xx] File does not exist: /hsphere/local/home/MYDOMAIN/MYDOMAIN.com.au/none

Transfer Log -

203.26.xxx.xx - - [12/Nov/2011:23:49:00 +0000] "GET /none HTTP/1.1" 302 233 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)"

Always followed by ......

203.26.xxx.xx - - [12/Nov/2011:23:49:00 +0000] "GET /error_page.php HTTP/1.1" 200 13196 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)"

Although it calls GET /error_page.php it does not go to the error_page.php but loads the index page without any further errors.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Cheers

Just that the page is written in php5 on an apache server and I was hoping that someone else has had a problem similar with ie.

I can find nothing on the net relating to this error.

The guys at my host have spent a lot of time looking and tracking this error to no avail?

... so to answer the ... just hoping that one of the guys that program all the time might have a clew.

Here are a couple of wild guess. You have some invalid/empty link for an external css/javascript file or for a media file (image/movie/audio) on your page or IE trying to request a favicon.ico file and when an IE browser requests it while trying to render your index page, you get those errors, whereas other browsers either don't make the request at all or the request that they do make points to a valid file. It could also be related to url rewriting or how your host has added your domain that is broken for the request IE browsers make for your main page that causes two requests, the first one resulting in the error/error page, followed by a request for your index page that you finally see in the browser.

I would make sure that your page is valid HTML/CSS at validator.w3.org and http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ and either temporarily disable all url rewriting or disable each one in turn to see if that affects the problem. You could also post your .htaccess file so that someone could see and/or test if it is doing something that causes this with IE browsers.

Thank you for your ideas and suggestions which did in fact lead to discovery.

For those that perhaps come across this problem it is fact caused by a .htc program called border-radius.htc

Although freely available through google downloads and designed specifically for working with rounded corners in ie < 9 it has problems. http://code.google.com/p/curved-corner/downloads/detail?name=border-radius.htc

Graphically it does display as required but the errors mentions are produced every time an ie page (including the script) is loaded.

I do hope this is of help to someone in the future and perhaps a good idea to look for a different method

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.