post received edit save notworking for create email account..

antonyfal

Hi,

i have tried everything i can think of to get this to work correctly. What is below here, is what i have last tried to work with..:

basically the script allows the use to register an email account on a cpanel domain.

Everything works perfectly but then i added a option for banned words now i cant  get the script to work..

basically what happens is:

the user creates an email account, if the account is not a banned word and does not exist, then the message echoes success, and the $_Post values are also entered into the database under the users name. and the email is also created with the $f fopen

if success the email form also does not show.. so only one email per user.. i just cant get it to work with the banned words included..

what to note::

this is a function in a function..

$bannedemailwords='customerinformation,custinfo,customerinfo,custtext,custsupport,customersupport,admin,accounts';
$bannedmail=explode(',', $bannedemailwords);
$bannedmail = array_unique($bannedmail);
sort($bannedmail);
foreach($bannedmail as $noemail)	
//the selected username

if ($Config['enablemyemailapp_enable'] == '0' && $_POST['cfg_enablemyemailappaddress_enable'] !== $noemaill && $_POST['cfg_enablemyemailappaddressdomain_enable'] !== 'Select a domain'){
	$cpuser = 'ausername'; 
	$cppass = 'apassword'; 
	$cpdomain = 'adomain'; 
	$cpskin = 'askin';  
	$epass = 'somepassword'; 
	$equota = 'somequota';

$euser = $_POST['cfg_enablemyemailappaddress_enable'];
$epass = $_POST['emailspassword_enable'];
$edomain = $_POST['cfg_enablemyemailappaddressdomain_enable'];

if (!empty($euser) && $euser !=='nomail')
while(true) {
  $f = fopen ("http://$cpuser:$cppass@$cpdomain:2082/frontend/$cpskin/mail/doaddpop.html?email=$euser&domain=$edomain&password=$epass&quota=$equota", "r");
  if (!$f) {
$enablemyemailapp_enable = '0';
$enablemyemailappaddress_enable = 'Replace with a Name';
$enablemyemailappaddressdomain_enable = 'Select a domain';
    $msgemail = 'The email '.$euser.'@'.$edomain.' is a restricted email account.';
break;
  } 
$enablemyemailapp_enable = '1';
$enablemyemailappaddress_enable =  $_POST['cfg_enablemyemailappaddress_enable'];
$enablemyemailappaddressdomain_enable = $_POST['cfg_enablemyemailappaddressdomain_enable'];
        $msgemail ='<center><font color="#ff0033">Your Email '.$euser.'@'.$edomain.' has been created.</font></center>';

while (!feof ($f)) {
    $line = fgets ($f, 1024);
    if (ereg ("already exists", $line, $out)) {
$enablemyemailapp_enable = '0';
$enablemyemailappaddress_enable = 'Replace with a Name';
$enablemyemailappaddressdomain_enable = 'Select a domain';
    $msgemail ='<center><font color="#ff0033">The email account '.$euser.'@'.$edomain.' already exists.</font></center><br><center>Please try again!</center>';
break;
    }
  }

echo $msgemail;

$_POST['cfg_enablemyemailapp_enable']= $enablemyemailapp_enable;
$_POST['cfg_enablemyemailappaddress_enable']=$enablemyemailappaddress_enable;
$_POST['cfg_enablemyemailappaddressdomain_enable']=$enablemyemailappaddressdomain_enable;

@fclose($f);
break;
}
}

Admittedly, it would be easier if I could see the whole function, and the code that calls it; first lets simplify the code here

Instead of:

$bannedemailwords='customerinformation,custinfo,customerinfo,custtext,custsupport,customersupport,admin,accounts';
$bannedmail=explode(',', $bannedemailwords);
$bannedmail = array_unique($bannedmail);
sort($bannedmail);

Try:

$bannedemailwords=array('customerinformation','custinfo','customerinfo','custtext','custsupport','customersupport','admin','accounts');

Now, you'll want to redesign your loop logic. Instead of iterating through the $bannedemailwords list; simply use the in_array() construct to check if the posted/proposed email address is in the $bannedemailwords list. You'll see a performance increase too, by ditching the loop, although, not likely noticeable with such a small list.

Thanks Ryan.

This worked perfectly..

my end result was written like this:

$bannedemailwords=array('customerinformation','custinfo','customerinfo','custtext','custsupport','customersupport','admin');

if (!in_array(''.$_POST['cfg_enablemyemailappaddress_enable'].'', $bannedemailwords)
{
then the rest.. 

I was wandering if you knew a better way for this code too?

in this example the url explodes at the "&" but i was trying out several ways to include more if statements if the url explodes at the "/" too.

also i dont always know the position of the specific word im looking for..

and to honest im not really sure this code actually works-- somtimes it does and sometimes it doesnt.. depends the page that is loaded.

$geturl = (!empty($_SERVER['HTTPS'])) ? "https://".$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'].$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] : "http://".$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'].$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];
$findurl=explode('&', $geturl);
$findurl = array_unique($findurl);
sort($findurl);
foreach($findurl as $foundurl)	
if ($foundurl == 'Female' )

I was wandering if you knew a better way for this code too?

in this example the url explodes at the "&" but i was trying out several ways to include more if statements if the url explodes at the "/" too.

also i dont always know the position of the specific word im looking for..

and to honest im not really sure this code actually works-- somtimes it does and sometimes it doesnt.. depends the page that is loaded.

$geturl = (!empty($_SERVER['HTTPS'])) ? "https://".$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'].$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] : "http://".$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'].$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];
$findurl=explode('&', $geturl);
$findurl = array_unique($findurl);
sort($findurl);
foreach($findurl as $foundurl)	
if ($foundurl == 'Female' )

What are you actually trying to do, get the key/value pairs out of the url and then put them in an array? If that's the case, the $_GET variable is automatically set by PHP with all the URL key/value pairs in the URL that was used to reach the page, all you have to do is reference $_GET['xyz'].

<?php
foreach ($_GET as $key=>$value) {

//DO SOME OPERATIONS HERE
        echo "Key: " . $key . " Value: " . $value . "<br />";
}
?>

Thanks again for the replies Ryan.

I see i can use the code that you gave for the URL in this example, it will work great.. But what im looking for is a way to see if there are any specific words in the url, and then load parts of that page according to if the word is in the url or not.

I use the explode function and explode the url in parts IE "/" or "&" or ....

for example, but then i always have to know the parts and their positions

IE:

parts[0]='www.xxx.com';

if (parts[6] !=='someword'); 

is there not a better way to do the url thing regardless of the "/" or "&".. and without the get function?

like matching words to parts of a string, without the explode or the $GET?

when i saw the fix you gave me for my problem above i thought that there must be a better way for the url problem too.

this explode function i have works on some and doesnt work on others and to be honest is a headache.

i think what im looking for is a way to find if a word IS! or ISN'T in the url-- the word can be a user post or a variable. Also a way that will work 100% of the time and faster to load too.

if you can assist me with this great, otherwise im quite happy with what i got so far.

Best regards

Antony

here is an actual example where i use the explode function-- problem is when i try to use it on another page it doesnt work. Is there a better way to do this: regardless of if there is a / or a & in the url..

$getstheurl = (!empty($_SERVER['HTTPS'])) ? "https://".$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'].$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] : "http://".$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'].$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];
$dontshowurl=explode("/", $getstheurl);
$findtheurl=explode('&', $getstheurl);
$findtheurl = array_unique($findtheurl);
sort($findtheurl);
foreach($findtheurl as $foundtheurl)	
if ($foundtheurl == 'gender=Female' && $foundtheurl !== 'gender=Male' && $foundtheurl !== 'Agency' || $_POST['searchgender'] == 'Female' && $_POST['searchgender'] !== 'Male' && $_POST['searchgender'] !== 'Agency'){
$style='<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="'.$templateUrl.'/css/templatefemale.css" />';
} else {
if ($foundtheurl == 'gender=Male' && $foundtheurl !== 'gender=Female' && $foundtheurl !== 'Agency' ||$_POST['searchgender'] == 'Male' && $_POST['searchgender'] !== 'Female' && $_POST['searchgender'] !== 'Agency'){
  $style='<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="'.$templateUrl.'/css/templatemale.css" />';
} else {
if ($foundtheurl !== 'gender=Female' && $foundtheurl !== 'gender=Male' && $foundtheurl == 'Agency' || $_POST['searchgender'] !== 'Female' && $_POST['searchgender'] !== 'Male' && $_POST['searchgender'] == 'Agency'){
  $style='<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="'.$templateUrl.'/css/templateagency.css" />';
  } else {
if ($foundtheurl !== 'gender=Female' && $foundtheurl !== 'gender=Male' && $foundtheurl !== 'Agency' || $_POST['searchgender'] !== 'Female' && $_POST['searchgender'] !== 'Male' && $_POST['searchgender'] !== 'Agency'){
  $style='<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="'.$templateUrl.'/css/templatenormal.css" />';
  }  
  }
  }
  }

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.