speech recognition

silents coders

PHP is a server-side language, and therefore can never do something like speech recognition.

Also, speech recognition is not robust enough to support what you want it to do.

Speech recognition, if used at all, is built into the operating system and you don't have to worry about it.

PHP is a server-side language, and therefore can never do something like speech recognition.

Also, speech recognition is not robust enough to support what you want it to do.

Speech recognition, if used at all, is built into the operating system and you don't have to worry about it.

do you mean operating system like win&linux ?

and which technical advise me to work for it sir ?

thank you for your patience

I'm no expert on speech recognition but I do know this is BS. Technologies like speech recognition are implemented in far higher level  "user space" applications.

I'm no expert on speech recognition but I do know this is BS. Technologies like speech recognition are implemented in far higher level  "user space" applications.

mm , i understand from your reply .. there's not any way to this in web app ?

Yeah, there's support for a web speech API at least in Chrome (since about version 11?). I've messed around with it before and it's pretty simple. You won't get support across all browsers, but degrades gracefully to a normal text input if you want to add that extra functionality for chrome users.

Here's a basic article on how to use it http://www.sitepoint.com/html5-speech-input-fields/

Yeah, there's support for a web speech API at least in Chrome (since about version 11?). I've messed around with it before and it's pretty simple. You won't get support across all browsers, but degrades gracefully to a normal text input if you want to add that extra functionality for chrome users.

Here's a basic article on how to use it http://www.sitepoint.com/html5-speech-input-fields/

i'm great full for you , already i'll try to make that support other language , i hope that .

thank you :)

Wait...what?  Speech recognition is built into the OS in Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, and various flavors of Linux (though not yet Ubuntu).  Maybe it's an "application" and not technically a part of the OS, but when you first install the OS, it's there.  There are other apps (like bonzi buddy and chrome) that roll their own for voice commands, but speech-to-text inputs (which is what the OP asked for) is an OS-level feature, at least in some of the the OSes I use every day.

Wait...what?  Speech recognition is built into the OS in Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, and various flavors of Linux (though not yet Ubuntu).  Maybe it's an "application" and not technically a part of the OS, but when you first install the OS, it's there.  There are other apps (like bonzi buddy and chrome) that roll their own for voice commands, but speech-to-text inputs (which is what the OP asked for) is an OS-level feature, at least in some of the the OSes I use every day.

yes you are correct , but not all browsers supported (speech-to-text inputs) like THE Godfather IE :) i'm correctly ?

I don't know if IE does or not, I'm going to assume that it doesn't but the last time I owned a windows machine was during the days of IE7.

However, even if it did, it wouldn't support things like spoken last names.  Nobody, not even concierges at expensive hotels, has ever gotten my relatively mundane Irish last name correct.  To expect a computer to is silly.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.