Help with CMS structure and ideas

zero477

Hello everyone

I want to know why are these functions discouraged because I have a problem

http://mx.php.net/manual/en/function.spliti.php

Warning

This function has been DEPRECATED as of PHP 5.3.0. Relying on this feature is highly discouraged.

I have a long list of standard features of some products (90 features 1800 products) which I am integrating in a CMS. I have to elaborate a CREATE, READ and MODIFY section for the products and I was thinking of using check boxes and if statements with 90 columns in my DB for each feature. (I hope there is an easier way to do this)

Before I typed in all the features in one column and splited it with the previous functions mentioned, but it doesn't work for the modify section of the CMS.

I am trying to learn a method in which I can easily integrate this 90 standard features in the CMS. Does anyone has a good idea?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.