Query problem!

son.of.the.morning

Having some odd issues with a simple query :S. The first problem is that i have selected all records but it miss's out records in a pattern (the first, fifth, ninth and so on). The second issue is i am trying to select by ascending order but it's just not doing it.

The QUERY

$comments = "SELECT * FROM  $commentsTable LIMIT $start, $per_page ";
	$commentResults = mysql_query($comments);
	$commentRows = mysql_fetch_array($commentResults);

The while loop displaying the records

<?php while($commentRows = mysql_fetch_array($commentResults)){?>
    <div id="comments">
    	<div id="CommentWrapper">
            <div id="comment">
                <div id="UserName"><? echo $commentRows['id']." "; ?><? echo $commentRows['name'];?></div>
                <div id="UserComment"><? echo $commentRows['comment'];?></div>
                <div id="UserEmail"><a href="<? echo $commentRows['email'];?>"><? echo $commentRows['email'];?></a></div>
                <div id="PostDateTime"><i>Posted: </i><? echo $commentRows['datatime'];?></div>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>
<?php } mysql_close(); ?>

http://dvplus.webuda.com/oophptest/database.query.php <<< the project

Get out of the habit of using short <? tags, and start using the full <?php syntax. Short tags are no longer enabled by default, and using them detracts from code portability.

You're going to need to start echoing your query strings, see what's happening to the values in the LIMIT clause, and go through your code to see why it's skipping records. It's probably a simple addition logic error. Regarding the ordering of the results, you have no ORDER BY clause in the query.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.