Help using implode() after query.

coupe-r

Hi All,

After a query runs, I want to grab the ID's and separate them with a comma because they will be used in the next query.  What I currently have does not work, although the query is correct.

$sql	= "SELECT a.app_id FROM applications a LEFT JOIN tenants t ON a.app_id = t.app_id WHERE t.tenant_id IN (".implode(",", $checked).")";

$result = mysqli_query($connect, $sql);

$checked1 = array();

while($row = mysqli_fetch_array($result))
{
foreach($row['app_id'] as $value1)	{$checked1[] = $value1;}
}

echo implode(",", $checked1);

Thanks for the reply.

I'm storing the values as an array, but it should echo the entire array like 1,3,4,5,6,7, or which ever ID's are selected, without using a node.  I want the entire array.

Above this code, it works just fine.  I'm using similar code but putting checkbox IDs in the array

foreach($_POST['checkbox'] as $value)	{$checked[] = $value;}

If I echo that implode, I get (1,3,4,5, etc) which ever boxes I check.

Now that I am grabbing the IDs from a $row['app_id'], I think there is an issue with the values getting put into a proper array?

There's no need for your foreach() loop inside your while loop.  In fact I would expect it to not work as $row['app_id'] wouldn't be an array.

while($row = mysqli_fetch_array($result))
{
$checked1[] = $row['app_id'];
}

That said, can you not just use a JOIN in your first sql query to achieve the desired results?  Seems like it should be possible if your just getting ID's and re-querying.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.