Error on my script

DWS

I'm running a script to get a date range and active people then what to select information on them but my code won't finish before I get the Error : Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in

Get date Range

$query_rs_rpc_periods = "SELECT CAST(start_date as Date) AS start_date, CAST(end_date as Date) AS end_date, rc_period_id, `description` 
FROM report_cards_txt ORDER BY start_date DESC";
$rs_rpc_periods = mysql_query($query_rs_rpc_periods, $my_data) or die(mysql_error());$row_rs_rpc_periods = mysql_fetch_assoc($rs_rpc_periods);$totalRows_rs_rpc_periods = mysql_num_rows($rs_rpc_periods);

Get Student

$query_rs_getStudent = "SELECT users.id,users.is_active, users.user_type, student.studentid,
student.studentlevel FROM users, student WHERE users.user_type ='Student' AND users.is_active = 'True' AND
student.studentid =users.id";
$rs_getStudent = mysql_query($query_rs_getStudent, $my_data) or die(mysql_error());$row_rs_getStudent = mysql_fetch_assoc($rs_getStudent);$totalRows_rs_getStudent = mysql_num_rows($rs_getStudent);

//This is inside a "do loop" in my php code and this is causing the Fatal error

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in

<?php
mysql_select_db($database_my_data, $my_data);
$query_rs_factor = "SELECT DISTINCT CAST(student_daily.record_date as Date) AS academic_date, student_daily.student_id,
CAST(schedule_room.scheduledate as Date) AS schedule_date, report_cards.rc_period_id, report_cards.start_date, 
report_cards.end_date, schedules.id, schedule_room.scheduleid 
FROM schedule_room, student_daily, report_cards, schedules WHERE student_daily.student_id = $studentid AND
report_cards.rc_period_id = $reportCard AND student_daily.record_date >= report_cards.start_date AND
student_daily.record_date <= report_cards.end_date AND CAST(student_daily.record_date as Date) = CAST(schedule_room.scheduledate as Date) AND schedules.id =schedule_room.scheduleid";
$rs_factor = mysql_query($query_rs_factor, $my_data) or die(mysql_error());$row_rs_factor = mysql_fetch_assoc($rs_factor);$totalRows_rs_factor = mysql_num_rows($rs_factor);

The above code works but it takes too long and doesn't finish then the ERROR... I think that there should be a way to perform what I'm trying to do another way (without putting another query in my php code) but I can't figure it out... any help would be great!

What I'm asking is if there is a way to get the information after the 2nd query ($query_rs_getStudent) without putting the 3rd query ($query_rs_factor) into a PHP loop for each student. What I'm doing is query #3 every time in my loop with the student_id from #2 query.

I hope this helps...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.