"ssh2_scp_send(): Failure creating remote file" How do I learn more about this?

AFTNHombre

When I Google the above string I find a lot of advice about using SFTP, turning on blocking, upgrading libraries and such, however, the code that does this seems to work during some operations and not work during others, so I don't think it's a matter of a buggy library. If I could find out why it cannot create the remote file, that might do a world of good. But I've been through all of /var/log and some log messages acknowledge the ssh session, but don't give any clues as to what goes wrong.

I've looked at the user, password, host name and port name in and around the ssh2_connect() call. They are all good. I've also checked the permissions and ownership on the destination directory. They aren't the problem either. I've also tried duplicating the call w/a command-line scp call, and that test passes also.

So now find myself staring at this "failure creating remote file" message, wondering what the failure is, and I'm running out of ideas.

I'm running RHEL AS release 4.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.