$usname = mysql_real_escape_string($usname);
$password = mysql_real_escape_string($password); 
$check="y";
$sql = "select * from usname where usname='$usname' and password='$password'"; 
$result=mysql_query($sql);
$count=mysql_num_rows($result);
if($count==1)
{
$sqlq = "select * from usname where usname='$usname' and password='$password' and check='$check'"; 
$resultq=mysql_query($sqlq);
$countq=mysql_num_rows($resultq);
if($countq==1)
{$_SESSION['usname']=$usname;
header('location:fire.php');}
else
{$_SESSION['status']="Admin Didnt grant you the permission to access the things";
header('location:index.php');}
}
else
{$_SESSION['status']="Wrong username and password";
header('location:index.php');}

die(" ");
?>

And here are the ERRORS when the username and passwords are correct but the check is not equal to 'y'....

Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\xampp\htdocs\money\verify.php on line 18

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\money\verify.php:18) in C:\xampp\htdocs\money\verify.php on line 24

Please tell me where is the mistake........... :(

'password' is reserved word for MySQL, that's why use special letters/quotes (sorry, I don't know exact name for it :))

$sql = "select * from `usname` where `usname`='$usname' and `password`='$password'";

Also you would better use it for all: table names and column names. I'd recommend to don't use reserved words for column names at all.

PS. "Cannot modify header location..." - you get it because your script print some letters (error message about SQL error) before you try to use function header(...). Solve your SQL problem and then the second problem would be solved automatically.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.