Basic question variables in URL

a_glennsmith

I have inherited some pages from someone else who wrote them and as I am a newbie and the code is quite old I suspect it needs to be updated in order to work.

I have two variables $p and $service that were passed from page 1 to page 2 via the URL.  On page 2 I have updated the code for echo $_GET['$p'] etc and I am happy with that.

Lower down on page 2 within an HTML form the author has

<input type="hidden" name="service" value="<?
echo $service;
?>" />

<input type="hidden" name="p" value="<?
echo $p;
?>" />

with the intention of putting these variables in the URL for page 3 I have to assume.

Page 3 begins with this code

"completeyourorder.php?p=" . $p . "&service=" . $service;

but the variable values are not showing up in the URL and I can not seem to use them on page 3.  In other words they don't seem to be available to me.

I'd appreciate help to change the page 3 code above or the page 2 code so that it works as intended.  I found some posts and researched tutorials but all that I have tried has not worked.

Thanks

Glenn

im a noob too but this might help ya out

<?php "<a href=\"profile.php?id=$goauld_name\">$grab_goauld</a><br />\n"; ?>

i know for sure this 2nd format works if its related to your question

im echoing into the link

<?php <a href="search_goaulds.php?goauld=<?php echo $grab_goauld; ?>">Goa'ulds</a> ?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.