<option value="large">1440 x 1080</option>
</select>

and I have code that gets the size:

$resizeimg = $_REQUEST["imgsize"];

But I cannot get it to work with an if statement:

if ($resizeimg == "large")
    {
    }

It just comes up with about 50 lines of gibberish. I have used error_reporting(-1); but that is not coming up with any errors.

Could anyone help please. Its probably so simple, but my mind is drawing a blank

Post the "gibberish"?

This is just 2 lines of the gibberish:

ÿØÿàJFIFÿþX5)Yõ^Vüü×éó¿„>]_È‹od÷.ÒìÀ,1g4Ó9T‰OPd`ð‚Hèï|*²²hÖêÕ.‰]¶vHËj­’I1UšeÜFóÃ8æV"¾€³ðZY[Ákå˜Ô¶Û{Kx£¶´i	–¹’EIþ`ÊóÒÉ€ÇÖ´_…šÌ« Õ½½ìû£% ²,‘¤Šß1¤7$!¶Y6ìe,6}E,6	O MR„~×*ç’ÒÏ›tß“íæß*ÕjÊîZúí¶ºéò^zcá6µ†EÓÝndEaonÐÁÈåaéó*"¡aó³‘ì¾[ßk6GÄ7Pù’Îtöš\î¸ß,`,@‡òƒeØ,a0VïW@Ô Š(e†ÛK’6ƒlöìØ ¾YYeR¬3,m;Ùà=ׂ ¸:ÆŸ§=ö•¥èÞéëÚÝÑkM§YKö‰ö§s3Ϲu½¬òÚÃ4ÒÄd‰å;ƔҕHF1r”¤¢’Wm¶­¦­Ë»Vî„¢Ò瓲I»½©%{Û§[j÷Ø÷Má~¤Gv:z*Â0ŒËÊç;Šª¨Xœ’ˆ¤ô-×%oëßô‹:QðÑ­üE­A~–icq¢x…­ïch·3ÛOmkQ2ÊÈŠÚ…Í”2î"ª;êýC¾«UZÛÁÅëk;JÏ[§{t¬]š©Oå(éªßWëéCù¢Š+ðÓéŠ( Š( Š( Š( Š( Š( Š( œªX€2Iô?—z|0K;¬q!vržøÏÐW²ø+áÕÍô‘Ou8f]ª²I m@9f9ÀäõèåÙf+2­Xzr•ä“Ÿ,Si;»[C*µ¡F.S’Vé}_ËësŠð÷ƒïµyP´l°¶2JN~¿áÔb¾¥ðÂYîž$´³y9O2o(²¯#©Æ3×;ˆç¯sðGÁ¯²

Also, don't use $_REQUEST. It combines post, get, cookie variables and at some point in time, it will burn you while trying to get an expected value.

Use the correct $_POST or $_GET variable that you expect the data to be in.

I used $_POST but I am still getting the gibberish. I am using elseif statements too, could that be the problem?

if ($resizeimg == "small")
    {

}

elseif ($resizeimg == "medium")
    {
}

elseif ($resizeimg == "big")
    {

}

elseif ($resizeimg == "large")
    {

}

else { echo "Error";}

And I dont get see the echo "Error" either

I don't see any echo in the code that you posted (except your echo "error") that could produce your "gibberish", but I could bet that you are trying to echo an image file... post your relevant code

It's okay, I just solved the problem. It turns out it was my stupidity. The form asks for a place to save the image, but I wasn't giving it anywhere to save it to, so it came up with all that.

Sorry  :-[

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.