Passing values between pages

doubledee

i dont know which method is secure each method has its own risks so i dont what to tell you but if its something simple you can use $_GET if your doing a login form you can use SESSIONS

What if I'm passing error codes from my "Create an Account" form/script to my "Processing Results" script?

Could I write things to MySQL and then query the record and display the results?

Would a Session be secure enough?

Or maybe I should store a Session in my Database?!

Debbie

What if I'm passing error codes from my "Create an Account" form/script to my "Processing Results" script?

can you explain your self a little better

My "Create an Account" script tries to register a User.  During the form handling, I assign different "Outcome Codes" to a variable.  My script then redirects to a page that displays the outcome.  For example...

111="Your account has been created." 

234="Username already exists.  Try again."

666="A system error occurred.  Pelase contact the administrator." 

And so on...

I need to pass any codes from my "create-account.php" script to the "processing_page.php" script in a secure manner (i.e. users can't see the codes.)

Debbie

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.