Project Suggestions.........

freak89

hi Guys..............i am final year student and i need to submit a project that should me medium to large size and i want to build it on PHP so it would be very kind if you can kindly suggest me topics for the same however there is just one restriction the process that i cannot build anything like management systems or social networking websites the idea should be new and catchy and ya one more thing no e-com websites as well.....................looking ahead for your advice..................thank you.

As part of my dissertation I wrote a memory efficient, extensible, secure and fast development PHP framework which used less memory but still had all the necessary functionality of all the major PHP frameworks.

I did it and it worked and got me a first class honors :)

I was supposed to make it open source but I've never got round to releasing it due to my other projects and work. I did write a small part of it in C which I felt wasn't a suitable task for PHP.

A dissertation is usually something which contributes to the field you are working in. So something like an API/Framework, ORMS or anything that you feel will make a difference to computing.

Find something you are interested in and then write a solution for that. It will keep you motivated and may be useful afterwards. What we suggest will not be as motivating to you as something you come up with yourself. Choose a hobby or an interest and then find a problem and address it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.