Structure help

squiblo

Currently I am working on the front end of this project, but soon I know I will have to create a back end structure.

The project is a story system where users can upload there own stories, users will be able to select what category the story fits into, users will also be able to insert related links into the story and also pictures and videos.

The database will be mostly handling SELECT statements, so needs to be fully optimised to read the data as quick as possible.

I have a few ideas of what the structure should be like, but I would also like my fellow "freaks" opinions.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Not trying to be rude or anything. But your question is way too general to get any specific answers. This kind of topics usually gets abandoned because in order to answer it, someone gotta explain a whole database which is ambitious in many ways. So they won't bother.

I have spent some time to come up with a structure. Tell me what you think of it :)

As a scenario, if a user searches for a story I want relevant images/videos/comments selected as quick as possible, with this current design I'm not sure if it is optimized as well as it could be.

*Structure is attached*

post-85240-13482403158337_thumb.png

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.