how to show how many minutes are left in the current hour

Shadowing

Hey guys only thing i can find online is examples of showing how much time is left until a predetermind time.

but what I need is how many minutes are left until the next hour hits

anyone have any ideas on this? Im wanting to do it in UNIX time

yah I use date all the time

I figured it out not sure if this is how you would do it. i'll add some notes incase someone else stumbles onto this.

$time = the players time with their timezone offset in UNIX time stamp

$ahead = date('i', $time); // displays users time in minutes

$time_left = (60 - $ahead); // compares the minutes in the hour with how many minutes minutes are in a hour which is 60

echo $time_left;

my way of thinking about how to do it was totally backwards.

thanks for that information

I first had '60' but it gave me a snytax error so i added the quotes in confusion. But really the reason i had a error was cuase i forgot a simi colon and didnt change it back lol.

I acctually didnt add anything but my text editor made it show 60 as red and wasnt sure if that was good or bad ha.

nice to know now that i dont need ' '

now that i know quotes are for strings i go look up what ' ' are for. cause ive seen people doing that. for instance the 'i' in the date function has it

now that i know quotes are for strings i go look up what ' ' are for. cause I've seen people doing that. for instance the 'i' in the date function has it

" and ' are both quotes. If you look at the man page for the date function it tells you the the $format argument is expected to be a string.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.