Special Character Problem?

euel

Hi people!

I have a form with a select list where options are populated from a table in my db..

the string format is like this -> car - branch (ex. toyota - japan so on..)

when viewing the options it displays correctly with the "-" but when i tried submitting the form which will be inserted into the db

the "- branch" gets cut off..

i think i need to encode it but i don't know how to do it..

thanks for any reply!  :D

thanks PFMaBiSmAd! i was using a {$value} for the option i didnt realize im missing some single quotes.. -_-

can i just ask another question? its related to this..

i have 3 options (ex. toyota - japan, toyota - usa, toyota - europe) and saved each on variable (branch1, branch2, branch3)

i tried making it an array with -> explode("," $array) and print them out but the output is like this -> array ([0] => toyota - japan, toyota - usa, toyota - europe) ..

which is not the output i want.. is there any other way in doing this?

appreciate the reply! thanks again!

(im gonna read the php manual for the mean time)

actually scootstah my ex. was a string i just failed to clarify it but thanks for the reply..

anyways ignore my last post cuz i already fixed it, i just made an error in placing a " " for a "," which is stupid  ::)

thnks! solved!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.