can t move file: PHP-Error handling in a Apache 2 Server needet

dilbertone

good day dear php-freaks,

i need more error handling now  - unless i do not get more error-handling i am lost!

To begin with the beginning: well last weekend i set up a LAMPP-System on my linux system. . to be frank it is a lampp and no xampp.

Well the lampp includes the Apache 2.2, a MySQL-Server, PHP 5.3x and phpMyadmin. I Well the LAMP is allready up and running. I also have installed a CMS - a joomla Version 1.7.3 - the installaton went smoothly and was no problem at all.

So far so  good!

But afterwards i wanted to install some extensions and templates. Note this is the critical point in each installation of Joomla. Now the system needs to get the files via a FTP-process.

And believe it or not - this fails every time i try it! i get the error - cant move the files. Well i guess that this might have to do with the Apache / or the whole Lampp-System. What do you think!!? Perhaps this is an issue of permissions!? See the folder where i installed the joomla!

But again - i need error - handling - i need to get more knowledge out of the issues that arise!

mkdir /srv/www/basic

Well the installation of the joomla 1.7.3 went nice - and was installing smoothly - true vanilla.

srv/www/htdocs/basic

BTW see the paths

Code: Select all
    public $unicodeslugs = '0';
        public $feed_limit = '10';
        public $log_path = '/srv/www/htdocs/basic/logs';
        public $tmp_path = '/srv/www/htdocs/basic/tmp';
        public $lifetime = '15';
        public $session_handler = 'database';
    }

Dear folks, well the issue that arises - when i try to install some extensions i got the error - can t move files!

Well i am a bit unsure where this issue has its origin. What causes this error!?

look forward to hear from you!

dilbert

hello all

well we have to make sure whats goin on here !

we have to look at this one her:

srv/www/htdocs/basic

well - to be honest - i am not sure - what relationship does that path have with the lampp ServerRoot or DocumentRoot??

guess that if i have an answer on this question i can solve the issue

Again, we have no idea what those paths refer to. You setup this install, you should be aware of where it is located.

I'm not a Joomla user, but if it's like a few of the other CMS's around, it likely requires FTP access to your server in order to install files via it's auto updater. Do you have an FTP server installed and configured? How did you install Apache, MySql and PHP?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.